Saturday night I dreamt about Tobey Maguire covered in blood. Suddenly I'm thinking "I have new dreams now."
I would like to take this opportunity to place the blame for my LJ icon 100x100-ly on tinted_glass
, you’ve done it again. Do you know I had zero interest in Naruto until you IruNaru’d me into fandom? I think you’ve Violaf’d me into this one, too, which goes to show that, unlike everyone else who finds first a fandom, then a ship - I find a ship and then a fandom.
I’m doing this for ranchelle
, to prove that I can
write an LJ entry without mentioning The Fandom That Has Consumed Me For the Better Part of Half a Year. Since I guessed your movies, you can guess my books. *grin* It's always good to talk to you, and, since you said you don't get to see my writing, here are seven other people who write better. Everyone else seeing this is welcome to try, too. I'll be surprised if anyone guesses one! *grin*
Guess the books (okay, one's a play) and
1. It seems to me that if you place music (and books, probably, and films, and plays, and anything that makes you feel
) at the centre of your being –
2. "I was only going to say that heaven did not seem to be my home; and I broke my heart with weeping to come back to earth; and the angels were so angry that they flung me out into the middle of the heath on the top of ___________; where I woke sobbing for joy."
3. “She’s gone,” _______ said, as if he could hardly believe it himself. He lifted one trembling hand to his face, as if ________ had given him a slap instead of a kiss. “How could she leave?” he asked. “She betrayed me. She betrayed all of us. How could someone so wonderful do something so terrible?”
4. “Although he loved her children and grandchildren dearly, none of the new spiders ever quite took her place in his heart. She was in a class by herself. It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer. ________ was both.”
5. “To think I used to believe you were my friend.”
“I am your friend!” I cried. “_______, you don’t understand. I would never do anything to harm you. I hate what’s happened to me, I only did it to –”
“Spare me the sob story.”
“No, _______, that’s not true. You mustn’t believe that.”
But he did believe it. I could see it in his eyes. Nothing I said was going to change his opinion. As far as he was concerned, I’d betrayed him. I had stolen the life he felt should have been his. He would never forgive me.
6. I had not said a word; but I sat still and ceased to struggle.
“I have never, all this time, told you a word of a lie. I am just a teacher; all this is part of what I am here to do. If I like my work, so much the better for both of us. What you wish to forget, I know; soon you can do so forever. There is a pride in you, wounded but still unyielding; it is perhaps what shaped your prettiness into beauty.”
7. "while I was... stupid, denying it, trying to protect myself from it, trying to pretend it wasn't happening, that it couldn't
happen like this, and I ignored what you were telling me with your eyes and your every gesture".
8. “Purpose is but the slave to memory.” katherine_15
, I received your letter! *wild with glee* nescienx
, your postcards got here, too! *beams* tinted_glass
, would you believe I sent those parcels on the 8th of January? And that they just got there? I'm so glad they did!giaan
say I never talk about my real life any more, so:
Housemate just came in to say goodnight. I'm wearing the red jumper I pretty much always wear because it's now 4 degrees outside. I was drawing in the contract lecture today, and giaan
, next to me, completed my drawing, with labels, just the way I'd wanted it. So when my housemate came in to say goodnight, I said, "You're wearing your green jumper! Like the way I drew it!" Then she pointed at me, at the bed, and then herself, saying, "Red. Blue. Green," for the colours all the pointed-at items were.
We're studying manslaughter in criminal law, and today our teacher said, "Let's discuss assault and battery. Slapping a person around the face is an assault. But that's depending on how hard the person was hit, and where he was standing, such as, on top of a cliff, or on top of the stairs."